Thursday, April 5, 2007

Pullman (and the apartment next door)


The walls appeared in awful shape in the apartment next door. De-laminating plaster from the 1880's. The current tenant allowed me to be underfoot to patch and paint (the patching taking most of the time). She informed me that after living here for 5+ years she will be moving closer to a new job. I did what I could repairing the old plaster in an occupied apartment and I like the uneven result of not drywall. After her move, I'll finish with a simple ikea kitchen and replacement windows (in the back) ... enticing a new tenant to occupy.

The apartment is on the top floor of a rowhouse in Pullman (a yet to be discovered area on the south side of chicago). I had been staying on the northside for the last few months but have always kept a studio and an apartment here. Now that I'm back full time, I get to do all those small things that I haven't had the time for...


...like searching for suitable hooks to replace the missing ones in the history laden 19th century working man closets...



and...


...tending to the original beman skylights that give skyblue to the shower.







and...






...finally completing the upstairs bath.


















No comments: